Hair of the Wall Dog
Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, we’re serving up a one-two punch of Irish whiskey — the nectar of the dogs. With carefully crafted jello shots, a heavy handed pour, and a kick of Serrano pepper, the Double-Headed Nunn will knock you down and look damn good doing it.
We’re raising this glass to Charlie Nunn, a painter who does “work hard, play hard” so well, they’ve called him Gnarly Charlie since the fifth grade.
The Double-Headed Nunn
Build A Base
- In a small saucepan, mix the water, lime juice, and sugar.
- Sprinkle the gelatin on top of the mixture and let sit for five minutes to bloom. When the it looks wrinkled and pug-like, it’s ready.
- Heat the mixture on low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar and gelatin dissolve. Remove from heat as soon as the grains are gone — do not let the mixture boil!
- Stir in the whiskey, bitters, ginger, and a drop of green food coloring.
- Distribute evenly between 4 rocks glasses. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
Mix And Apply
- Pour the whiskey, lime juice, bitters and grated Serrano pepper into a pitcher or shaker.
- Add ice and stir vigorously until all the ingredients are combined.
- Split the mixture between the four rocks glasses and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a lime and mint sprig. Add a paint brush for the full effect.